Monday, April 6, 2009

Basket ful of Surprises....


Did that get your attention? The only surprises are: 1.) I've posted 2 days in a row and 2.) I started and finished a project within a couple days of this post. I got this tutorial from Splitcoaststampers. They provide full color, printable instructions for this fun project.

It is made from one sheet of 12 X 12 paper, brads, ribbon and glue stick. However, I think when I try it again, I think I will just use sticky tape. I am too impatient to wait for glue to dry. I want to keep on working. I love the fact that it looks like a Longaberger Button Basket.

For a first try, I think I did OK. I need to be a bit more careful with my measurement and recommend have paper clips on hand to keep the strips steady when you first start to weave. Typically, I am pretty fussy about showing my work after the first try. This time...I am pretty pleased. By the way, the bunny is optional! :)

Enjoy!!

PS Yes, it is easy enough for me to show you how to make it if the directions are overwhelming.

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is super cute! Great job. I would have never known it was made of paper!