Monday, January 7, 2008

Is this thing working???

One of my resolutions for 2008 is to get on the blog bandwagon. So, here I am trying out all the bells and whistles that go along with blogging. So far, I figured out how to post a picture and write my first post.

I've been an avid crafter for many years. My Tante Gusti brought me into the world of handmade creations when I was a child. I remember making chenille Easter bunnies using styrofoam balls, googly eyes and tacky glue. (Oh how I still love my tacky glue.) She introduced me to my first hot glue gun as well. Tante was so patient and allowed us to make whatever our hearts desired. My Uncle Cy would complain about her cluttered "junk room", but dutifully helped her with all her craft fair endeavors. My last project with her was a fabric covered photo album that she ended up finishing for me. I think I was frustrated making the fabric look even. Tante gave me credit for design concept. I wish I had a photo to share. But, this was before the Internet, scanners and digital cameras. Not sure my "Kodak Disc" would have produced the best image either to be scanned today.

Yes, she has passed on, but guides me from heaven with Uncle Cy by her side as I continue to share my passion for crafting with my darling nieces, nephews, friends and students. And now my husband Tyler complains about my clutter, but loves me and all my creative energy just the same.

2008 is full of possiblities. Please be patient as I develop this blog with pictures, maybe some craft tutorials and favorite sites. Now I ask you what gets your creative juices flowing?

7 comments:

Heather said...

Yay Lynn! I am so excited to be the first to post a comment.
Great first post!
Can't wait for more!!

Heather
Stampinmomof2cuties

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Congrats on the blog Lynn! One day I'll get around to joining that bandwagon. Looking forward to seeing all of your A Muse creations...hint, hint...:)

julie said...

Congratulations!! Love the blog. What a great way to start 2008. Can't wait to see more.
jag_bug

Paige said...

Hey Lynn...well, I wrote a note and tried to post it, only to discover I had to make a google account so did that and it seems my post didn't post...so....I had said...this is the first "blog" I'd ever read, outside of People magazine! Happy New Year!

quedgemi said...

Howdy Lynn!
Congratulatons on your new blog...who cool is that? Totally agree with the voting thing. So many people don't take advantage. Did I miss something? Is Mickey really running for President? LOL So when's the first blog candy give away? I'm SO gonna win it...

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOOOOOO funny! How did my name become quedgemi? Sorry about that...I'm going to TRY and fix it.

Sally

suru said...

Dear Lynn,
I love your blog page, and your name, Just Monkin' Round! You are too clever! Also love the pix of you and Ty at the Sox game! I will keep checking this page for news.....suru