Friday, January 25, 2008

It's 6pm...do you know where...

YOUR PARENTS ARE??? Goodness, it's funny how roles change when you become an adult. Granted, my family and I are well connected. We seem to know where everyone is or how to reach one another at any given moment. When those avenues don't work, we go into survival mode. I needed my Dad's help with something. I couldn't reach him on his cell or at home. My mother is visiting my sister down South. First, I think I am not dialing correctly. Then I call my brother to see if he has Dad's work number. I mean why would I need that. His first response, "why...you couldn't get a hold from him EITHER?" I hear my sister-in-law in the background, "she can't FIND HIM?" I mean, he's only 62 and can take care of himself. Still, lines were not connecting...WHERE IS HE? IS HE OK? Silly huh? Sigh, the ending of this story, Dad is fine. He's going to babysit the kiddos tonight and help me with my project. Whew...so glad he's OK...just funny how my brother and I went into search and rescue mode. I guess I know how my parents felt back in the day without cell phones.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: