Friday, January 18, 2008

Simple gifts for special friends...


I loved putting these jars together for some special friends. These little surprises reflects a favorite color or one that compliments a color they like to use in their card making and other paper creations. I think the monogram signifies taking the time creating something just for them. If you hoard crafting supplies like I do, putting together the right items was not complicated. If you find yourself "artistically challenged", the tags take no time at all with the right tools. The jars came from IKEA but you can find some that are simliar at Michaels or ACMoore. You can fill them with paper clips, favorite candy, bath salts, beads or any other item that reflect the person you wish to suprise with your special talent.
It was hard for me to send these off since they look so yummy. Reminds me of candy...hmmm....is blog candy on its way? Maybe. Have I found my new favorite alterable item that will make my craft room look like a candy store? Most definitely! Stay tuned for the Craft Room Slide Show reveal!!!
Monogram Treat Jars:
Artwork Stampin' Up! (C) 2008
SU! Best Friend Alphabet Upper
Scalloped Punch
Ribbon
W.White Cardstock
Designer Patterned Paper
SU! Classic Ink Pads
Sticky Tape
Jars from IKEA
Filling of choice

3 comments:

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Lovely candy!! I can't wait to get some of these jars so that I can case these. Hmmm, they do look eerily familiar...;)

Heather said...

Awesome idea! These are adorable! Sucks the nearest IKEA is like 3 hours away and AC Moore is probably further. I'll have to check out M's. These look like they would make awesome gifts!! TFS

Anonymous said...

Hi girl!!!! Congrats on the win!!!!! BTW I know first hand that these bottles are too cute!! They are simply beautiful! Great idea Lynn. Stay warm!!!!! See ya around ...